Traffic Ticket Attorney

Tips Used to Restore Your License After a Revocation

January 23, 2020

Whenever you commit a traffic infraction, you are ticketed; based on the type of violation, you are required to pay fines, and you get points on your driving license.

Accumulating over 12 points on your driving licence in a year will result in a suspended license in Florida for 30 days; 18 points in as many months will earn you a 3-month suspension, and 24 points in years can result in your license being suspended for a whole year. Apart from this, your licence can be suspended for a variety of reasons.

You need to contact the Florida DMV Driver License Office or apply online, and pay the reinstatement fee; depending on the offense, you may be required to pay additional fees or produce documents as asked for by the court.

  • DUI conviction: You will need to complete a certain number of hours of DUI school as mandated by the tribunal, and undergo treatment if required. You will also need to submit proof of bodily injury liability insurance.
  • Failure to comply with the summons: you need to contact the traffic court in the county where the warrant was issued, satisfy it and present the proof along with the suspension reinstatement fee. You can do this online or at any driver license office.
  • Inadequate vision: you will need to submit the report of an eye test where you have been certified with adequate vision.
  • Habitual traffic offender: this results in a 5-year suspension; you can apply for a hardship license after a year and enroll in advanced driver improvement school.
  • Any traffic violation that results in bodily injury or death of another person (not DUI): You can apply for a hardship license; that is if you require it for work. You will be required to attend advanced driver improvement school.

This suspension is accompanied by heavy fines and possible jail time depending on the severity of the violation and its after effects.

You can get a suspended license in Florida for other reasons, like being delinquent with child support payments, driving without a license or insurance, driving in spite of suspended license and so on.

If you have received a notice of suspension or a traffic ticket that could result in suspension, you need not meekly pay up. Call us at 1-800-2482846.